Kanban is at its heart quite simple. It is essentially a workflow-management technique. The central idea is that team members create their deliverables only as they are needed by the team members further along the process flow.
Flow is the goal is to create a smooth process in which each step, adding VALUE, gracefully hands off work to the next step without backlogs or bottlenecks.
Poka Yoke is a Japanese term that means "fail-safing" or "mistake-proofing". A poka-yoke is any mechanism in a process that helps a person or system identify a mistake or error. Its purpose is to eliminate defects by preventing, correcting, or drawing attention to human or system errors as they occur.
Why choose us?
- We use the full, undiluted Lean Curriculum
- Our exams are secured to the ISO 20074 Standard
- If you are not satisfied with our SCORM accredited online training, we will give you your money back plus 10% extra - guaranteed!
By the end of the course individuals and companies will understand the principles of Kanban, Flow and Poke Yoke and how to use it at the Organisational workplace.
Introduction to Lean
- Understand the Principles of Kanban
- Understand the basic four rules of Kanban
- The use of Kanban triggers and how to effectively use them
- Exercise in developing a Kanban system for a process
- Understand the Principles of Flow
- Identification of Waste
- Understand Value and Non-value work The relationship between Pull and Flow
- The five step principle of Identify - Map - Create - Establish - Seek
- Understanding the difference between Mistakes and Errors with respect to the Operator and the Customer
- Types of Poka Yoke as defined by Shigeo Shingo
- Failsafe Conditioning and its usages
Benefits of the Course
This modular course will give them the ultimate understanding of Kanban, Flow and Poke Yoke and their relationships.
Further training in key Lean Thinking.