Our Single Minute Exchange of Dies (SMED) course is designed to show the student how effective SMED can be in enabling changeovers to be done in a few minutes. Our course shows how individuals and teams can make changeovers very quickly.
We will demonstrate why changeovers are important to manufacturing and service companies involved in producing many products and services from the same base.
Although it was designed within world class manufacturing companies, the principles can also be applied to other areas, and numerous examples abound within services industries that Zenith Lean calls ‘Rapid Re-Role’ (3R’s) ©, for example Surgical theatres.
This course has been designed to address the key SMED and 3R © principles and provide you with tools, tips and techniques to bring about systematic set up reduction in your business.
Why choose us?
- We use the full, undiluted Lean Curriculum
- Our exams are secured to the ISO 20074 Standard
- If you are not satisfied with our SCORM accredited online training, we will give you your money back plus 10% extra - guaranteed!
By the end of the course individuals and companies will understand the principles of SMED and 3R, and how to use it at the Organisational workplace.
- The history of SMED from the beginning to present day
- Principles and Procedures of SMED
- The Importance of SMED
- Tools and techniques
- Understand how to convert Externals into Internals
- Common problems encountered by Individuals and Companies
- First step in establishing SMED in your business
- Tools for identification of the benefits
Benefits of the Course
- Giving you the ability to identify and how to see waste within your organisational processes
- Identification of all non-value adding waste by the use of mapping out the set-up/change over process
- Development of creative thinking and how to apply the principles of SMED to any scenario
- Understanding the difference between internal & external set-up time
- Showing you some techniques for converting internal and external set-up time
- Giving you the confidence to develop a sustainable SMED programme in your business
- Free excel templates that you can re-brand and instantly use for immediate impact and Return On Investment (ROI)