Lean thinking has become a widely adopted improvement approach that can greatly simplify processes and improve performance.
At the heart of Lean thinking is the focus on creating value for the customer and eliminating waste.
The stream of activity within an organisation that creates customer value is called the ‘Value Stream’. Value Stream Mapping is the tool used to understand, analyse and improve a value stream.
This Value Stream Mapping course provides students with the practical skills to use value stream mapping in a service or manufacturing organisation.
Why choose us?
- We use the full, undiluted Lean Curriculum
- Our exams are secured to the ISO 20074 Standard
- If you are not satisfied with our SCORM accredited online training, we will give you your money back plus 10% extra - guaranteed!
By the end of the course individuals and companies will understand the principles of Process Mapping and how to use it at the Organisational workplace with respect to:
- Our Customers approach to value, the key elements and methods of Value Stream Mapping
- How to develop, define and analyse the Current State value stream map-material and information flows along with collection of important data
- How to develop an Ideal State value stream map using "out of the Box thinking" methodology
- How to develop an Future State value stream map with material and information flows including identification of potential savings
- How to develop and drive a Kaizen improvement plan
- Introduction to Lean
- Introduction to VSM
- Understanding what the customer value is
- Value add, value enabling and non-value adding activities
- Elements of a Value Stream Map
- Material flows and information flows
- Value stream metrics
- Current state value stream map
- Analysing current state to identify waste
- Developing an ideal state
- Developing an future state
- The methodology of Continuous flow
- Kaizen improvement plans
Benefits of the Course
The benefits of this course are that students, on successfully completion of the course will be able to:
- Understand how to improve the productivity of the organisation through Value Stream Mapping
- Understand the basic principles of Value Stream Mapping from a customer’s perspective and the organizations perspective
- Create a Current State map, identify the value and non-value elements and to collate the data to support the efficiency of the process
- Understand the need to develop an Ideal State map and its importance when moving forward
- Understand how to create a Future State map focusing on the value steps and from this develop a Kaizen Improvement plan
- Develop 1 piece flow thinking
- Identify and develop Lean thinking concepts